Wednesday, January 31, 2007

good news!

This is the email I got from Dawn today:

Hi Allison, your dossier is now complete and on it’s way to our coordinator for translation. Yeah! I would expect it to be in China in a week or two, then logged in about a month later. So you may have a log in date sometime in March.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Now the long wait begins. We will stay in touch and keep you informed of any changes.


Do you know what that means? We are one step closer! I am so excited. I feel like we have finally accomplished something. All of our documents have been given the stamp of approval from the US government. June will translate them into Chinese and then send them to her mother Shulan (not sure of the spelling) who lives in China. Shulan will then hand deliver them to the CCAA. Once the CCAA "receives" them they will give us a log in date (LID) and then the wait begins...16 months right now. So, if we have an LID sometime in March that means we can expect to see our sweet baby girl's face in July 2008...and bring her home in September. WOW!

I think I have said this before, but this coming Spring and Summer there may be a decrease in the wait time. We are praying that is the case. The only way we can find out is by the families who are currently waiting and close to receiving their referral. The families who received their referral two weeks ago waited 16 months, so that is how we are given our wait time.

The next things we will be told is our LID, I will be sure to let you know as soon as I do so we can all start the countdown!

1 comment:

Megan (aka Emme) said...

I still kinda can't believe you're gonna be a mom, but it is so amazing! Congrats on reaching this stage of the process!